1. Bravo Bandidos- During the earliest stages of Violent Little, I came to visit Yanne before heading out on another deployment. I saw what cool things the laser could do and I asked if we could make a platoon patch. That's when I fell in love with the idea of creating patches, which was something that influenced my decision to leave the SEAL Teams...but that's a story for another time. It took a few hours to get every detail I wanted onto this patch, like the dots on the sombrero, rose on the pistol grip and all the roses and ivy on the sombrero. It's all the little things that make this my favorite patch. So much so, I gave up an arm for it and I am not disappointed. Check out the picture below.
3. Just the tip- It always reminds of that scene in Wedding Crashers, when Vince Vaughn is explaining why he doesn't seem interesting in dating. If you remember at one point I used the whole quote in an email closer to Valentines Day.
2. Heavy Days- This was the first time I saw some really great art that depicted what the effects of operating can produce. Like the stresses that drive you to drink obscene amounts of alcohol and take up new addictions like smoking or dipping. Thankfully, I was never into tobacco. It depicts the exhaustion of non-stop movement and catching those quick breaks when given the chance, before you get back up and go kick some more doors in with your brothers. It's about being each other's "guardian angel".
4. Shark Weak- If you missed out, it was one of our best Shark patches ever if I do say so myself. Now it may have something to do with the fact that I was involved on the creation that makes me love it so much. Also it's just sooo awesome.
5. 4 Bed Rats- While this one might not have been entirely popular with everyone it sure was for me. During another visit to Sun Valley we watched the cockatoo youtube video over and over again. The whole week I was there and we were drinking it was non stop "I can't do it!' and "Bed Rats!!" Sometimes when we get drunk like that we bring it back, or just when someone asks you for a favor "I can't do it!!'
Least Favorite 5
1. Abe Froman Sausage King- As a Chicagoan and fan of Ferris Bueller''s Day Off, you'd think i'd love this. But I have to say it just doesn't tickle my fancy as much as I like it being tickled. I'd like to see a PVC patch of a leopard print vest, silhouette of man with great hair and holding a mic with the words "Shake It Up Baby" hmm might be onto something here.
2. Cash Money- If it was the old Nintendo Blaster color you bet your ass it wouldn't be on here. Unfortunately even the urban "Cash Money" paint job didn't appease the south side Chicagoan in me.
3. There is No Dana- I love the Ghost Busters but damn that Dana, let little baby Oscar get taken away. Her poor parenting is basically why Vigo the Carpathian was able to get so strong.
4. Under Arrest New York- New York is just being lame, like if it's trying to be worse than California.
5. Hurt Knees- I am a fan of Burt's bees actually, like they're my favorite chap stick.
Honorable Mentions for Top 5:
-Tracking Bitch Limited Edition patch- Back when I was running the customer service I'd often time have an impatient customer who would place in order and before their confirmation email is sent, they're calling the shop and emailing me about how distraught they are over their lack of information. Sometimes I wish we'd just give this one out to the biggest whiner of the month.
-Gay Underway Patch- Being a Navy boy I've had my fair shares of "good game" slaps, often times we're not even gay we're just bored.